t's & C'S
Terms & Conditions
RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
Enrolment must be made on the special form available, signed and must be accompanied by your R250,00 registration fee and the following documents if a first-time enrolment: Certificate and Report of last Examination Passed in all dance forms. Your registration fee will include a T-shirt. No dancer will be allowed in class without a fully completed registration form, regardless of payment. Students may not enroll at a 2nd dance school in the same dance style as indicated on this form.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
ACCOUNT 1: FEES AND GENERAL
Melani School of Dance, FNB, Acc. No. 62 797 636 457
ACCOUNT 2: EXAMINATIONS, EISTEDDFOD AND CONCERTS
School of Dance, ABSA, Acc. No. 933 666 9858
Fees are strictly payable in advance. Fees are payable in ten instalments from 1 February to 1 November every year.
These instalments will not relate to the specific month it is paid in,but serves as a down payment for classes that take place during the school term. Therefore, full monthly instalments are due in all ten months with no deduction for i.e., June or July where part of the month falls in the school holiday. Term fees are divided into monthly instalments.
If a student signs up in the middle of the year, payments are due from the month you join.
- For security reasons cash payments are strongly discouraged. All cash payments (exam fees, clothing money, eisteddfod entries etc.) must be paid in an envelope with: The child’s name / Amount paid / What payment is for / Date / Level of Dance – CLEARLY written on. Pre-Schools can place their payment in the allocated postbox or venues without post boxes must sign their payments in via the office for proof of payment – payments given to class teachers at the school will not be acknowledged.
- In the case of a dispute over cash payments, the undersigned person responsible for the account will pay the amount in question
within seven days.
- Absolutely no responsibility will be taken on the school or dance school’s behalf for any payment not paid as above and if any confusion or dispute results as a result of not complying with these payment terms the undersigned person responsible for the account will be held liable for the full amount and legal costs resulting due to the outstanding account.
- If any cash deposits are received, the bank costs will be payable immediately by the undersigned person responsible for the account and will be allocated to their account.
- If parents wish to set up the debit order at their own bank all costs are payable by themselves.
- Debit order facilities are available at Melani School of Dance
- Supplementary classes as well as private lessons scheduled towards Examinations or Eisteddfod will be charged at an additional cost.
- BANK DETAILS for EFT PAYMENTS: FNB Cheque Account Number: 62 797 636 457, Name: MELANI SCHOOL OF DANCE – Branch code: 203 809 – REFERENCE TO USE: ACCOUNT NUMBER or CHILD’S NAME AND SURNAME – NO INITIALS AND NO PARENT’S NAMES.
- All other payments for Eisteddfod/examinations to paid into the following account: School of Dance
- Any payments received without clear reference will be allocated to fees.
- Absenteeism does not constitute a reduction in fees.
- In order to participate in the studio activities like examinations, all fees need to be paid up in full.
TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
- One month written NOTICE applies. Such notice must be acknowledged in writing by the Melani School of Dance to be valid. Without such written acknowledgement the notice will be deemed not received by the service provider/dance school and will be null and void. Notice can only be accepted upon receipt of the school fees for the notice month. All other fees must be paid up in full.
- Date on which notice is received by Melani School of Dance is the commencement date of the one month notice period.
- Outstanding amount will be charged at 10.5% per annum.
- Should any account be outstanding for 90 days or more, the students will no longer be allowed to participate until the full amount has been settled.
CLASSES PER TERM
Dance lessons run strictly with public school terms and holidays except for the beginning and end of the year when lessons start two weeks later than schools open and at the end of the year when classes finish two weeks before schools close. All other terms classes start on the first day school opens, but there are no classes on the last day of the school term. There are no lessons during school holidays unless otherwise advised as extra lessons. (Also see Fees & Time off).
Pre-School: 9 lessons per term or 36 per year.
IN CLASS PARENTS
Parents are not allowed to watch classes but will be given the opportunity to view their child’s progress
during the year. Parents are not to do any enquiries during class time.
Melani School of Dance reserves the right to close the studio at times when other activities like the eisteddfod, examinations, courses or performances require teachers to be present. Such activities are an integral part of training, and these classes will not be replaced whether a student is taking part or not. Melani School of Dance reserves the right to take reasonable sick leave without replacing classes lost. Melani School of Dance reserves the right to close the studio for a period of rest after examinations, Eisteddfods and performances.
EXAMINATIONS AND OTHER ENTRIES
- In order to participate in the studio activities ie. examinations, all fees need to be paid up in full.
All entries are subject to approval and is subject to an 85% attendance record. All closing dates must be adhered to, to allow processing and Admission. Admission to the examinations or Assessments, are subject to the favorable judgment of the Principal whose decision is final. In the case of an applicant not favorable for an examination or attending 85% or less classes, after enrolment for the examination the principal reserves the right to withdraw the application. No refunds can be made after such a decision.
ACTIVITIES EXTERNAL OF MELANI SCHOOL OF DANCE
Students are to inform Melani School of Dance of any participation outside of the studio that is not directly related to Melani school of Dance ie. Auditions, workshops, performances.
While Melani School of Dance takes every precaution to ensure the safety of students, no responsibility can be accepted for any injury or loss that might occur to such students, sustained from any causes whatsoever. The client and his/her dependents, administrators or assigns, hereby indemnify and hold blameless, Melani School of Dance, its members and employees from any claims of whatsoever nature and from any liability for delay, loss, damage, injury or illness from any cause whatsoever out of events related to or occurring during a class, performance or any other activities on or off premises.
DIPLOMA IN DANCE, UCT
ROYAL ACADEMY OF DANCE REGISTERED TEACHER STATUS, UK
ASSOCIATION OF INTERNATIONAL DANCE TEACHERS
Professional Training and service since 1999
Reg. No. 99 0001 185 403